The Sorting settings on the Site Navigation Settings page apply to both the Quick Launch and the top link bar. Any changes you make are applied to both of these navigation elements. You can choose to sort navigation items automatically by specific criteria, or manually. If you choose to sort items manually, see for additional information about manually changing the navigation links
1. Do one of the following:
· On the Site Actions menu, click Site Settings.
· On the Site Actions menu, point to Site Settings, and then click Modify All Site Settings.
2. In the Look and Feel column, click Navigation.
The Navigation command appears under Look and Feel only if the publishing features are enabled for your site and you have the Full Control or Design permission level.
3. In the Sorting section, click Sort automatically to sort subsites, navigation links, lists, libraries, and pages automatically in ascending or descending alphabetical or numerical order based on items titles, Created Dates, or Last Modified Dates.
If you want to sort all navigation items manually except for pages, click Sort manually, and then select the Sort pages automatically check box. Only pages are sorted according to the settings configured in the Automatic Sorting section.
4. In the Automatic Sorting section, in the Sort by list, do one of the following:
· To sort items by title, click Title.
· To sort items by the date they were created, click Created Date.
· To sort items by the date on which they were last modified, click Last Modified Date.
5. Specify the sort order by clicking either in ascending order (A,B,C or 1,2,3)or in descending order (C,B,A or 3,2,1).
6. Click OK.